My wife doesn't understand me

"My wife doesn't understand me."

"Are you really trying to use that tired-ass line one me? Oh, she doesn't know how sensitive you really are, poor baby."

"No, it's not that, you see..."

"So it's that you're tired and stressed from working all day and when you come home all you wife does is nag you about how the kids misbehaved and she doesn't want to cook tonight."

"No, you see, I need..."

"You need!? What about what she needs? Do you ever for one second think about her needs instead of your own? And now you're approaching strangers, hitting on them, because you think Asian women are submissive and will do whatever you say!"

"Wait!"

"For what? The next sexist, paternal-centric, white privilege, statement to come out of your mouth?"

"No for you to help me and my wife. She's right over there, that Japanese women sitting on the bench. We're married but I don't speak Japanese very well and she doesn't speak English very well, so we use the traslate app on my phone, but it ran out of power and I heard you talking to your friends in Japanese. I was hoping you could help me explain to her that her doctor's appointment has been moved to Wednesday and we need to go home and meet the plumber."

"Oh, um, yeah, I guess."
***
If you enjoyed this story, you might like my novel Truffle Hunt
Order the Truffle Hunt ebook at Amazon
Order a softcover copy of Truffle Hunt at Eckhartz Press

 

Comments

Popular Posts